In this lively, raw mix, cilantro, coriander, green onions, and lime lend a bright complexity and herbal perfume to the summer staples of squash, corn, and cherry tomatoes. Best on the day it’s made, it’s the perfect antidote to richer dishes.
- 1 pound yellow summer squash ends trimmed
- 1 ear corn husked
- 1 1⁄4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes such as Sun Gold, halved
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seeds toasted and lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the summer squash into very thin rounds, halving larger slices. Reserve in a large serving bowl.
- Slice the corn kernels from the cob and add to the bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, lime zest and juice, and coriander. Stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Photo: Maren Caruso