This easy gluten-free baked pasta has a reputation for pleasing everyone. Make it as a main course or a side. It’s leftover-friendly and it takes under half an hour from pantry to plate!
Easy Cheesy Baked Gluten-Free Pasta
Quick, easy, and perfect for a busy weeknight evening, this cheesy gluten-free baked pasta dish by our friend Peggy Curry of Curry Girls Kitchen is one of her greatest all-time crowd pleasers.
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, beef, or pork
- 12 ounces dry gluten-free pasta we like Jovial’s fusilli
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups Evy’s Garden Marinara Sauce or your favorite jarred or homemade marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend mozzarella, parmesan or vegan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Fill a large pot with water, add a hefty pinch of salt, then bring the water to a boil.
While waiting for the water to boil, heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the olive oil and ground meat. Cook, stirring frequently until the meat is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes Set aside.
To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook to al dente firmness, which will be slightly less time than recommended in the package instructions; add the broccoli to the pasta 3 minutes before the completion of the pasta's cooking time. Remember the pasta will continue to soften in the oven.
Drain the pasta and broccoli into a large colander, reserving 1 tablespoon of the cooking water.
Transfer the pasta, broccoli, and reserved cooking water into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Mix in the marinara sauce and the cooked meat. Top with the shredded cheese.
Bake until light brown and bubbly, 20-30 minutes. Serve.
- For meatless version: Omit the meat or mix in your favorite veggies. If the veggies are raw, add them with the broccoli to blanch in the pasta water. If cooked, mix the veggies in with the sauce. Such a great way to use up those leftovers!
- For a pasta-free version: Substitute 1 medium spaghetti squash cooked and shredded or 3 spiralized zucchini.
- For extra cheesy oomph: Mix together 1/3 cup of pesto and 1/3 ricotta (try Kite Hill’s almond ricotta). Then top the pasta with the mixture before popping it into the oven.