An exciting, refreshing twist on the margarita, this tequila and carrot-juice Farmarita cocktail, served at the destination restaurant Flora Farms outside of Cabo San Lucas, is a tipsy ray of sunshine in a glass.
Farmarita Carrot Juice Margarita Recipe
- 1 lime wheel for garnish (optional)
- Margarita salt flaky sea salt, or kosher salt, for glass rim (optional)
- 2 ounces white tequila
- 1 splash Cointreau or other triple sec
- 2 ounces carrot juice
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 splash simple or agave syrup
- 1 baby carrot greens trimmed, for garnish (optional)
Spread a bit of salt on a small plate. Gently rub the lime wheel around the rim of a rocks glass. Dip the moistened rim in the salt to lightly coat. Set aside.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, Cointreau, juices, and simple syrup. Shake, strain into the prepared glass, then add the ice. Garnish with the lime wheel and carrot and serve.
Photography Mike Arce