- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark Jamaican rum preferably Appleton Estate Reserve Jamaican Rum
- 4 ounces coconut water
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 ounce Rich Simple Syrup (below)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 long strip lime peel for garnish (optional)
In a highball glass filled with crushed ice, add the rum, coconut water, lime juice, and simple syrup and stir to combine. Add a mound of crushed ice, drizzle the bitters over the top, garnish with the lime peel, and serve with a swizzle stick.
Rich Simple Syrup
This syrup is more concentrated than regular simple syrup, so it allows you to add more sweetness and mouthfeel to your drink without watering it down: Combine 2⁄3 cup unrefined cane sugar and 1⁄4 cup water in a small pot over low heat, stir until the sugar dissolves, then cool.
Photo: Maren Caruso