This gluten free side dish recipe features fresh green beans with dill to create layered flavors and deliciousness.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound green beans trimmed, or Romano beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free chicken broth vegetable broth, or water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
In a wide sauté pan, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and stir well. When the onion starts to sizzle, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring a few times, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir until the beans start to brighten in color, about 1 minute. Add the broth, bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the beans are soft and pale green, 15 to 18 minutes. Stir in the dill. Let the beans cool for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt and serve.