Anything but the traditional wine-and-fruit mix, this Camille Becerra gluten-free turmeric sangria cocktail recipe is one of the fiercest, most exciting libations we’ve had in a long time. Make your sangria with sparkling wine to wow everyone at the party and know that you're enjoying totally gluten-free and very anti-inflammatory turmeric with your sangria You’ll need to juice fresh turmeric root with a juicer or get a juicing shop to do it for you. But trust us, it's worth the effort. And beware: turmeric juice stains.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh turmeric juice from juicing about 1⁄2 pound fresh turmeric root
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey or agave
- 1 750 ml bottle dry white wine or sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 sprigs basil for garnish
- In a pitcher, add the juices and honey and stir until combined. Add the wine, stir, pour into glasses, garnish with a basil sprig, and serve.
Photo Sheri Giblin