This gluten-free Asian chicken salad recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. Swap in your favorite greens, add apple or orange slices, or skip the chicken to make this infinitely flexible recipe vegetarian. The dressing is spectacular and makes everything irresistible.
Asian Chicken Salad Gluten-Free Recipe
SERVES 4 TO 6
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 romaine hearts, sliced into bite-size pieces (about 9 cups)
- 2 carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, tamari, and ginger to make a thick but pourable dressing. If it seems too thick, stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons water. Set aside.
In a serving bowl, add the romaine, carrots, cabbage, radishes, cilantro, green onions, chicken, almonds, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with half of the dressing and toss until well coated, adding more dressing if you like. Garnish with more almonds and sesame seeds. Serve right away with the remaining dressing alongside.
Photography Erin Ng.