Sides don’t get easier or more luxurious than this creamy three-cheese dish, which pairs perfectly with red meat.
Servings 6 people
- 1 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground black pepper 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a food processor, process the feta to tiny pieces. Add the ricotta, Pecorino, and egg and pulse to incorporate. Season with pepper to taste. Grease an 8- to 10-inch square gratin or baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spoon in the cheese mixture and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and molten hot. Let it set for 5 minutes, then serve.
Photo: Maren Caruso