Beyond its wildly delish flavor and moist texture, the best thing about this recipe by GFF Magazine editor Erika Lenkert is it seems to turn out well with a variety of gluten-free flour mixes. Don’t like pecans? Sub walnuts or skip the nuts altogether!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread with Pecans
- ½ cup (4 ounces/1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour mix of choice plus more for dusting (we like Cup4Cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 by 5-inch loaf pan and dust the pan with gluten-free flour.
In a bowl, mix the sugar and butter together. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined. Mix in the bananas, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mix. Fold in the pecans. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool completely before serving.