Perfect for a potluck, picnic, or light lunch, this salad has it all—crunchy vegetables, soft, nutty millet, and a simple, tangy dressing. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand and add shredded chicken or a can of your favorite beans to make it a complete one-dish meal.
Millet Tabouleh Salad
Be sure to make extra to enjoy as a healthy lunch the next day.
For the salad:
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 small carrots sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 small seedless cucumber chopped
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- Fresh herbs chopped (mint, parsley, cilantro, dill)
For the dressing:
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil water or broth. Add millet, stir and simmer for 20 minutes until water is absorbed and millet is tender. Cool completely.
In the meantime, whisk dressing ingredients together. Combine cooled millet with prepared vegetables. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.