Cream and Parmesan cheese lend lusciousness to the cream sauce, while earthy morels and fresh herbs bring the flavors of the forest to this quick and special gluten-free dish.
Pasta with Cream Sauce and Morels Gluten-Free Recipe
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces gluten-free tagliatelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ramps or 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta and cook as directed on the package until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, ramps, morels, and thyme sprigs. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes.
Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the cream and half of the cheese, stir, and turn off the heat. Stir in the parsley and remove the thyme sprigs. Add the pasta to the sauce, stir to coat, then transfer to individual dinner plates. Garnish with the remaining cheese and the parsley and serve.
Photography Aran Goyoaga