Served slightly warm or at room temperature, this fresh and fabulous gluten-free potato salad is one of our favorite secret weapons for anytime entertaining. Its perky lemon-mustard dressing is a perfect complement to the creamy potatoes. Plus, it travels well, so it’s ideal for potlucks and outdoor events. Make more than you need, so you can add leftovers to your next salad or frittata.
Roasted Red Potato Salad with Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing Gluten-Free Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes or other small potatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 green onions chopped, white parts and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
Preheat the oven to 425°F. On a large, rimmed sheet pan, toss the potatoes with the garlic and the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast until golden and crisp on the outside and soft in the center, 20 to 30 minutes depending on size, shaking the pan to toss the potatoes halfway through cooking. Let cool, then transfer to a serving bowl.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, warm the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the whites of the green onions and cook for 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the parsley, mustard, and lemon juice, and warm through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the dressing from the heat, stir in the peppers and the greens of the green onions, then pour over the potatoes. Stir to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Photography Emma K. Morris