Gluten free breakfast gets exciting with this combo of soft-cooked eggs, a vibrant breakfast salad, and toast.
Soft-Cooked Eggs with Asparagus and Snap Pea Breakfast Salad
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 8 ounces about 10 spears asparagus, tough ends trimmed and discarded, sliced into thin rounds
- 6 ounces about 2 cups sugar snap peas, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 small cucumbers sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons full-fat buttermilk or cashew cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Small handful of microgreens optional
- 4 slices gluten-free bread toasted
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently add the eggs, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 6 minutes (for a very soft yolk) or 7 minutes (for a fudgy yolk). Immediately, transfer the eggs into a bowl of cold water to cool. Then, lightly crack and peel away the shells.
In a large bowl, toss together the asparagus, snap peas, cucumber, buttermilk, olive oil, dill, salt, pepper, and microgreens. Set the salad aside.
Divide the toasted bread amongst 4 dinner plates. Top with some of the salad, then halve the soft-cooked eggs, add two halves to each plate, garnish with more salt and pepper, and serve.