Gluten-Free Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
Confession: we're tuna sandwich addicts. We like Salad Niçoise a lot, too. So, we partnered with one of our favorite gluten-free bread makers, Canyon Bakehouse, to present this light, satisfying sandwich. Loaded with flavor (and protein) and bolstered by delicious, fluffy and moist gluten-free sandwich bread, it's the perfect grab-and-go meal. If you feel like adding a glass of rosé, we won't blame you.
- 1 can tuna in oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 Kalamata olives chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg chopped
- 3 leaves butter or romaine lettuce
- 2 slices 7-Grain Canyon Bakehouse Sandwich Bread
- 2 slices tomato
In a bowl, combine the tuna and its oil and the red wine vinegar. Mix to combine. Add more oil, if desired. Fold in the olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the egg.
Place the lettuce on one of the bread slices. Top with the tomato, then some of the tuna and the final bread slice.