This gluten free margarita is sure to be a party favorite.
The addition of cranberry juice to this party favorite emphasizes the bitter-and-sweet yin-yang of the margarita and makes for a gorgeous two-tone presentation.
- Margarita salt or kosher salt optional
- About 4 ounces limeade from frozen concentrate mixed with water
- 2 ounces good-quality tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 2 lime wedges
Sprinkle a layer of salt onto a small plate, moisten the rim of a cocktail glass, and dip the rim into the salt.
In a cocktail shaker or large glass, combine the limeade, tequila, triple sec, and the juice of 1 of the lime wedges and stir to combine.
Fill the salt-rimmed glass with ice. Add the tequila mixture. Gently pour the cranberry juice on top to keep the juice separate from the rest of the margarita. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.