Here, breakfast favorites of chicken, bacon, and avocado convene with salad staples for über-delish and très French dinnertime satisfaction. You’ll need to make or buy the roast chicken, but you can also skip it and still get fantastic results for a great gluten free salad recipe.
Chicken, Avocado, and Bacon Salad with Fried Egg and Bacon Dressing Gluten-Free Recipe
- 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 8 loosely packed cups butter lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast (optional)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
In a large sauté pan, fry the bacon until crisp and the fat has completely rendered. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and keep the fat warm in the pan.
In another large pan, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Fry the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and keep warm in the pan.
Transfer 2 tablespoons of the warm bacon fat to a large salad bowl. (If you don’t have enough fat, make up the difference with olive oil.) Whisk in the vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the lettuce, chicken, avocado, bacon, and chives. Gently toss to coat, divide among four dinner plates, top each salad with an egg, and serve immediately.
Photography Erin Ng