A playful twist on the classic Italian bittersweet cocktail with tropical-spice notes.
- 3⁄4 ounce dry gin such as Bulldog Gin
- 3⁄4 ounce Campari
- 3⁄4 ounce John D. Taylor Velvet Falernum a sweet, spiced syrup available at specialty liquor stores
- 3⁄4 ounce ultrapremium full-bodied vermouth, such as Cinzano 1757 Vermouth
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 long strip orange peel for garnish (optional)
In a highball glass filled with crushed ice, add the gin, Campari, Velvet Falernum, vermouth, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Garnish with the orange peel and serve with a swizzle stick.
Photo: Maren Caruso