You can add any fillings you wish to these gluten free chicken tacos favored by our junior editor Viva. Think seasoned rice, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro.
Gluten-Free Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2- pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans, heated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 6 gluten-free hard taco shells
In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the vegetable oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and salt and cook, stirring and breaking up the chicken, until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Place the chicken mixture, cheese, refried beans, and avocado in individual bowls with serving spoons. Serve with the taco shells to build your own tacos.
Photography Erin Ng