“No chip left behind!” is our motto for this protein-packed Italian take on gluten free nachos, which promises proper cheesy sausage goodness with every bite.
Italian-Inspired Gluten-Free Nachos
- 14 ounces raw sweet Italian ground sausage
- 3 large handfuls gluten-free tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup drained, jarred giardiniera or peperoncino, or pickled vegetables, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, stirring and breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon until it’s entirely browned, about 5 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread the chips in one crowded layer on the baking sheet. Evenly sprinkle the sausage over the chips. Top with the cheeses, dot with the giardiniera and tomato halves, then broil until the cheese is just melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully slide the parchment paper and chips onto a platter or eat straight from the tray.
Photography Erin Ng