The rich flavor of prosciutto and a dash of cream is complemented by the sweet pop of peas in this satisfying gluten free pasta dish.
Pasta with Prosciutto-Cream Sauce and Petite Peas Gluten-Free Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 5 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, half minced and half cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup cream or nondairy cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 12 ounces gluten-free linguine or fettuccine (we like Jovial brand)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen thawed petite peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm the oil. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and minced prosciutto, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces to 1/2 cup, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and lemon zest and juice. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the pasta according to package directions, undercooking by 1 minute. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, and return the pasta to the pot. Add the cream mixture, prosciutto strips, peas, and half of the Parmesan and season with pepper over medium heat. Toss gently until the pasta is well coated and hot, adjusting the sauce consistency with the reserved cooking water as needed. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl, garnish with the remaining Parmesan and a few grinds of pepper, and serve.
Photography Erin Ng