Marinated cherry tomatoes, anchovies, and basil transform humble sliced potatoes into a superstar side dish with this gluten free potato salad recipe. For extra-special results, use farmers’ market new-crop potatoes and enjoy the dish the day it’s made without refrigeration.
Gluten-Free Potato Salad with Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow potatoes, such as Yukon gold
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 clove garlic, pounded or grated into a paste
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 5 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery heart, the center leaves and stalks
Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/3-inch rounds, then store them in water until ready to cook.
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Gently cook the potatoes until they are tender and offer no resistance when pierced with a knife, 6 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked potatoes to a baking sheet to cool.
In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, garlic, basil, green onions, oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
When the potatoes are no longer hot, place them, slightly shingled, onto a platter. Stir the vinaigrette and drizzle over the potatoes. Garnish with the anchovy halves and celery heart, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
Photography Chelsea McNamara