Pineapple and mango inject lively island flavor into this sexy-healthy turmeric smoothie recipe, while turmeric lends anti-inflammatory perks. For the best results, use very ripe fruit.
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
- 1-1/2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1-1/2 cups coconut water, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1 cup frozen pineapple cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Blend the spinach and coconut water together until smooth. Add the turmeric, apple, banana, mango, pineapple, and lemon juice. Blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
Photography Paul Sirsalee