The bitter flavor of turmeric adds complexity (and antioxidants!) to this refreshing summer-friendly gluten free cocktail.
Turmeric Mojito Gluten-Free Recipe
- 5 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Crushed ice
- 3 tablespoons white rum
- Tonic water
- 1 lime wheel, for garnish
Combine the mint leaves, lime juice, coconut sugar, and turmeric in a collins glass. Using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved and the mint is fragrant.
Fill the glass two-thirds of the way with crushed ice. Add the rum, stir to combine, then top with tonic water. Garnish with more mint and the lime wheel.
Photography Christine Han