Our junior editor, Viva, loves these fun, versatile cobb salad wraps, and you will, too, especially because you can substitute fillings like shredded cooked chicken or chopped roasted vegetables and serve all the ingredients as a DIY salad or wrap.
Cobb Salad Wraps with Creamy Avocado Dressing Gluten-Free Recipe
Note: you’ll need to cook bacon and hard-boil eggs for this recipe.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled gluten-free blue cheese
Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mix in the olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 3 grindings of pepper. Add water by the tablespoon, if needed, to give the dressing a thick, creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Set aside.
Stack the lettuce on a tray or plate. Group the tomato, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and blue cheese on one platter or arrange them in small, individual bowls. Serve with the dressing and spoons for serving. Then build your own wrap and enjoy.
Photography Erin Ng