A no-cook pasta sauce teeming with summer flavor means dinner is ready with nothing more than a little marinating of fresh tomatoes and the boiling of GF pasta!
Lazy Summer Tomato Pasta Gluten-Free Recipe
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces gluten-free capellini pasta (we like Jovial brand)
In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot, add the tomato marinade and reserved water, and briefly toss, with the heat on medium-high, to evenly coat and warm. Divide the pasta between two dinner plates, garnish with basil and pepper, and serve.
Photography Erin Ng