Crisp leafy greens and a vibrant, palate-cleansing dressing provide a welcome contrast to heavier holiday foods with this gluten free salad recipe.
Pear, Escarole, and Endive Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts and Sherry Vinaigrette Gluten-Free Recipe
Make it easy on yourself: Prepare the dressing in advance, then finish the salad at the last minute. Also, sub other greens if you want: arugula, frisée, and romaine work, too.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 ripe Bosc or red pears, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 head escarole, cut into bitesize pieces
- 3 heads Belgian endive, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. When ready to serve, whisk the dressing again, add the pear, escarole, and endive, toss to coat, sprinkle with the hazelnuts and a pinch of salt, and serve.
Photography Craig Lee