The classic summer gluten free salad gets extra crunch and flavor from a simple sprinkling of seeds.
Seed-Studded Tomato and Cucumber Salad Gluten-Free Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, 1 teaspoon salt, parsley, tarragon, sesame seeds, and hemp seeds.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss well, transfer to a serving bowl, top with sunflower seeds and a few grinds of pepper, and serve.
Photography Christine Han