Incredibly fast and easy to prepare, this is a savory-spicy Burmese dish you’ll want to make again and again. Add some cooked broccoli florets and rice and you have a very satisfying and nearly instant gluten free meal from the team at San Francisco’s beloved Burma Superstar restaurant.
Spicy Shrimp Gluten-Free Recipe
- 1 pound large (16 to 20) shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño chile
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, fish sauce, and salt. Set aside at room temperature.
In a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and red pepper flakes and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges.
Photography John Lee