The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever, Period (and Gluten-Free!)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (we like Cup4Cup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 2/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat oven 325°F. In a large bowl, combine the sugars, molasses, vanilla paste, and butter and mix well. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix into the batter just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips just until evenly incorporated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the dough into balls, using about 2 tablespoons of dough per ball. Space them evenly on the baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are browned but centers are still soft. Cool on the pan. Repeat with any remaining dough.
NOTE: We only recommend products that we truly LOVE, use, and are confident to recommend. Thanks to affiliate partnership opportunities, we sometimes earn a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site at no cost to you. But this has no influence on what we recommend. When we do score a few shekels, know that your purchase helps support our work to bring you trustworthy, unbiased information on an amazing gluten-free food and lifestyle.
Find More GF Inspired Recipes
Shop GFF Magazine’s Issues
Subscribe to GFF Magazine’s Free Newsletter
Have you tried this with Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Baking flour? I sometime find that Cup4Cup makes a gummy batter and prefer the bob’s in some recipes.
Yes! We find that sometimes one works better than the other for sure, depending on the recipe!
Well, these were super good – another GFF Mag winner (I’ve never had a clinker of a recipe!). My variations:
I included about a 1/4 c less butter because 1) I can’t do butter anymore, and 2) that’s all I had remaining of my alternative, which is “Melt Organic Salted Butter Sticks made from plants.” They were really tasty, just didn’t spread as flat as they otherwise would have if I’d had the full amount in there.
2) I had partial amounts of three all-purp GF flour blends in my cupboard- worked fine !
3) Was about a 1/4 c shy on chocolate chips but boy these were really chippy even shorted the full amount. So nummy though!
4) Added some zest of orange and mmm mmm good!
Yay, Maura! Thanks for making them and for the feedback!